Some cars have known problems. There are more than a few vehicles that have recalled.
- The dealer is trying to close the deal as soon as possible. This is why many dealerships have in-house financing. That sounds great until you find out that there are other banks or credit unions that can give you a much lower rate. Take the time so see what the financing rates are with your financial institutions. Don’t risk unexpected financing costs that are much higher than what you expected to pay.
- While you are changing your mind about the car you want to buy you should also look at getting a car insurance quote on this alternative vehicle. The car note may be manageable for your budget. The car note, combined with the insurance, may be out of your price range. It is easy to totally forget about the insurance, but this is just as important as the price of the car.
- Some cars have known problems. There are more than a few vehicles that have recalled. It is not the job of employees inside of the dealership to speak on known issues that buyers are having. The buyer’s remorse complaints are going to be easy to find online. Do a quick Google search and find out what complaints have merit. Make sure that you have questions before a salesperson puts you behind the wheel of a car that is geared to give you nothing but headaches.
- If you get a car that is known to have engine problems, for example, you can always get repairs under the warranty period. That is not a problem. The problem is that you are spending time in the waiting room of the dealership’s car repair department. No new car owner wants this type of dilemma.
- Don’t let the new car smell and the shiny paint job get you. Sometimes there are better deals on different models. When you get stuck on a single model from a single manufacturer it leads to a heartache that you don’t want to experience. It is better to research several cars. Negotiate as much as you can, but you should not feel bad when the salesperson returns with a “this is the best we can do” speech.
- What you can do to lighten the cost associated with the current year models is to wait until the end of the year. This is when the clearance happens. This is when the salespeople give you the better deals that seemed impossible to acquire earlier in the year. You have the advantage over other buyers if you have already tried to get this vehicle earlier in the year.